Sunday 26 May 2013

Elephants and Cartooning

Elephant Fact # 30: The African elephant can detect seismic signals with its feet.

Thought I should probably update whatever the hell it is I've been doing these days.

Been drawing people on the train. I've come to realize that it makes fantastic practice because everyone's so busy avoiding eye contact with each other that you can stare at them for extended periods of time without seeming like a total creep. And those that do notice tend to fall asleep anyway, so it's fair game!

Also tried drawing my SCIE1000 lecturer a few times (right pic). He never wears shoes and makes the most fantastic gestures to describe his graphs.

I tried cartooning again-- for some reason it's really quite difficult for me to exaggerate certain characteristics of a person when drawing; I just tend to NOPE whenever something is out of proportion. So I tried this thing where you put your music on shuffle and draw whatever the song inspires you to draw and that helped, sort of.


Ugh, sorry for the poor quality, my camera's really shoddy. In case you can't read it, the old miser/pervert was drawn while listening to 'Master of the House' from the Les Mis musical, the curvaceous babe from 'Transparent' by Porcelain Black, the backwards dude from 'Dead' by My Chemical Romance and the skeleton man from the 'Sweet Dreams' cover by Marilyn Manson.

Speaking of it, Les Miserables feels hit me the other night.  So here's Enjolras and Grantaire (probs in the Cafe Musain, I don't know?) done at around1-2 in the morning, after a few of my friends' joint birthday party.


Too lazy to write more.

Happy birthday to my friends!

The Unlucky Elephant

No comments:

Post a Comment