Wednesday 24 July 2013

Elephants and Video Games

Elephant Fact # 34: Elephants go through menopause.

Just been playing a lot of the game 'The Last of Us' lately. It's one of the best 'zombie' games I've ever encountered-- the graphics are stunning; I've never played a game that looked so real before. It is a major step from the last game I played which was Resident Evil 3, I think. It's amazing how we've gone to pixelated breasts to ridiculously detailed and expressive designs on both the characters and the environments in this game. Don't even get me started on the character development. There are only two games that I've ever cried over-- 'The Walking Dead' and this game, I mean jeez. Not to mention I finally have a new favorite character after seven years of Harry Potter. 

I tried drawing one of the 'Infected'-- 


It didn't come out as well as I hoped, but I still kinda like it. Edited the shadows a bit to go for a whole 'Silent Hill' thing, heh.

Oh, and the theme music is gorgeous. Haunting and melancholy yet incredibly simple, it perfectly fits the post-apocalyptic world the story is set in. Ugh, so many feels about this game. Like, lately I've been rushing to get home so that I can finish my homework and then spend the rest of the night playing this gameYeah, I've got it bad.

I think that the simplest criteria to determine whether a game is good or not is basically 'Would you want to play it again?' 

Jeez, would I ever.

The Unlucky Elephant

No comments:

Post a Comment